2022 Mitsubishi Outlander vs Eclipse Cross
If you are in the market for a reliable, high-quality, compact SUV in Fort Myers, Florida, consider choosing from the Mitsubishi lineup. The new 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander and Eclipse Cross offer excellent performance at affordable prices, and the available trim levels provide a wide range of options. Each model differs in performance, interior and exterior features, and technology. Our experts at Fort Myers Mitsubishi bring you this comparison guide to help you make an informed decision between the two SUVs.
Both the Outlander and Eclipse Cross have outstanding performance specs. However, the 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander has a more powerful engine that generates 181 horsepower than the 152 horsepower of the 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross. When it comes to the torque, the Eclipse Cross delivers 184 pound-feet of torque, while the Outlander provides 181 pound-feet of torque.
Both vehicles provide superior numbers for fuel economy, and the higher-performing model will depend on the metric you prefer. In city driving, the Eclipse has a rating of 26 miles per gallon, while the Outlander has 24 miles per gallon. If you regularly drive on the highway, the Outlander proves to be the better option with the 31 miles per gallon rating, slightly ahead of the Eclipse Cross at 29 miles per gallon.
Size is a clear difference between these two vehicles. The 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander is larger than the 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, impacting both the seating and cargo capacity. The Outlander has three rows and the ability to carry six passengers. With the maximum number of passengers, the SUV provides a cargo capacity of 11.7 cubic feet. You can create up to 79.7 cubic feet of space when you fold all the seats down.
Although the Eclipse Cross is slightly smaller than the Outlander, it is still spacious enough to carry your passengers and cargo. With seating for five passengers, the vehicle offers a comfortable ride, with more legroom and headroom for the driver and passengers. Folding the back row seats increases the cargo space to 50.1 cubic feet, enabling you to carry all your gear when going for a road trip in Fort Myers, Florida, or an out-of-state excursion.
Mitsubishi incorporates excellent technology options for both models. Although both the Outlander and Eclipse Cross have similar technological features, the execution varies slightly. For example, both SUVs have a digital display with an optional navigation feature, but the Eclipse Cross has a 7-inch or an 8-inch screen, while the Outlander has an 8-inch or a 9-inch screen.
Both vehicles have the technology that enhances safety by enabling your smartphone to access various functions, such as navigation, playing music, and answering calls and messages. You can link Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for a less distracted driver experience.
Mitsubishi ensures the safety of the driver and all passengers in all their vehicles. Their focus on enhancing safety means the best features are standard on their latest SUV models.
Some of the essential safety mechanisms in both the Outlander and Eclipse Cross include driver assistance systems like:
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA): It sends warnings when vehicles approach you from both sides. Both side mirrors blink, a buzzer sound goes off, and a warning message appears on the infotainment screen.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): It employs radar technology to determine the vehicle’s distance ahead and maintain a safe distance. The system uses a preset speed to accelerate your car when there are no vehicles in front.
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM): If the cars detect a pedestrian in front, the system sends a warning. If you fail to apply the brakes in time, the FCM stops the car to prevent a collision.
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW): The side mirrors illuminate when a vehicle approaches your blind spot. If you are about to change lanes and the turn signal is on, the warning light blinks, and the system beeps.
- Multi-View Camera System: With a 360-degree view of the car, you can reverse and park in tight spaces with confidence. The system has cameras on the front, sides, and rear working in tandem to eliminate blind spots.
Both the Outlander and Eclipse Cross come with a total of seven airbags to protect the driver and passengers from collisions.
With the 2022 Mitsubishi Cross, owners get a 10-year or 124,000-mile warranty plan when they maintain the warranty with a Mitsubishi-dedicated dealership. Otherwise, you get a five-year or 62,000-mile warranty coverage, which is still decent. On the other hand, the 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander offers a five-year or 62,000-mile warranty plan with four-year roadside assistance.
Some of the coverage you can get with both these warranties include:
- The car’s essential components, like the engine, transmission, and drive axle.
- 24/7 roadside assistance with towing and tire change services.
- Shuttle services or loaner vehicle if your car breaks down.
- Regular maintenance like oil changes, tire rotation, and fluid top-offs.
- Other essential vehicle parts, like sensors, water pump, and braking system.
It would be best to inquire about the specific parts and scenarios your warranty covers for peace of mind, especially when taking your family for a winter road trip or tailgating through rocky terrains where your vehicle is susceptible to damage.
Learn More at Fort Myers Mitsubishi
If you are around Fort Myers, Florida, and would like to learn more about the 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander or the 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, reach out to Fort Myers Mitsubishi. Our experts can explain all the relevant details about both models to help you get the perfect SUV, even if you are unsure of which to buy. We can organize a test drive for you to authenticate how each model handles the road.
Our incredible offers and convenient financing program ensure you get the SUV of your dreams quickly and enjoyably. Whether you have a poor credit score or are facing difficult financial circumstances, we can help finance your future without looking at your past. Contact us today to learn more about the cars we have in our vast inventory or inquire about our other services.